16 August 2012

Truffle Cupcakes


You know already I am a chocolate lover, I love anything that contains chocolate, the darker the chocolate the better for me. And there is a little treasure I use to have in my frezzer: truffles! As you can check here they are so easy to make, with or without alcohol. A good and a quick way to improvise a dessert or just as a simply snack. That's the way when I saw this lovely recipe in Lola's book I knew I had to make these cupcakes. 



INGREDIENTS  makes 12 big or 16 medium

Dark chocolate Ganache
225 ml heavy cream
175 g dark chocolate chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a pinch of salt

Put the cream in a saucepan over medium heat and heat until just strating to bubble around the edges.
Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chopped. Stir until chocolate has melted and you have a glossy ganache. Stir in the vanilla and salt. Let cool and firm up while you make the cupcakes.

Cupcake Mixture
100 g dark chocolate chopped
175 g butter
225 g caster sugar
4 eggs
100 g self-rising flour
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
a pinch of salt
12 truffles

Preheat the oven to 180º.

Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water. Heat, stirring, until the chocolate melts and you have a smooth, glossy mixture. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar. Let cool for about 10 minutes.

Beat the slightly cooled chocolate mixture with an electric han mixer for 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at the time, beating each addition. Sift the flour, cocoa and salt into the bowl and beat until blended.

Take 4 tablespoon of the ganache and beat it briedly into the cupcake mixture until just combined.

Put the remaining chocolate ganache in the refrigerator.

Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes and latter on a wire rack before decorating.

Spread the chocolate ganache over the cupcakes with a spatula and top with a truffle.




With these cupcakes I surprised friends when I was invited to have a lovely dinner here in the Netherlands, but they really surprised me with a red Rioja wine and real jamón! So maybe I should have to make a spanish dessert instead. Next time for sure.  Thank you guys for the nice evening!







1 comment: