11 October 2012

Parmesan and Sesam Crackers



Who can resist to eat just one cracker? me not. I love them, but I avoid to buy them otherwise I start the whole pack and I can not stop until is completly finished! so when I discovered this recipe I was so happy and I could add any ingredient I wish, also it is a good alternative since the quantity of my recipe is much less than the huge packs you can get in the supermarket, and of course is more healthy.
They are crunchy and cheesy, and delicous with the special taste of the sesam which I love.





INGREDIENTS (makes a full oven tray)

180 g bread flour
30 ml whole milk
80 ml warm water
1 teaspoon virgin oil
35 g grated parmesan cheese
2 teaspoon black sesam
1 teaspoon white sesam
1/2 teaspoon of salt
a pinch of sugar
1 teaspoon instant yeast

Topping: salt, oregano, thyme...

Combine all the ingredients with your mixer in a bowl. Mix with your hands and wrap the dough with plastic, Set aside for an hour.

Preheat the oven to 200ยบ and prepare a tray with a sheet paper.

Divide the dough into 3 parts and roll each into a thin rectangle of 3 mm. 

Cut the dough into squares with a pastry cutter or pizza cutter (mine was 3cm), it is not necessary to leave so much space since they do not grow when you bake them.

Punch the dough using a fork to avoid puffing in the oven, and press down

Sprinkle with salt and herbs.

Bake it for 7 minutes or until crackers get golden, just before the edges get darker.

Turn off the oven and leave the tray in the oven for 30 minutes. The crackers will get crunchy and dry. If you wish you can add now more salt and/or herbs.


This is my adaptation of this recipe.
You can store the crackers up to 5 days in an hermeticalysealed container or in a sealed plastic bag.

Enjoy 

1 comment:

  1. Hola Raquel!! gracias por tus comentarios,estaba buscando unas galletitas de este estilo y ¡¡ ya las he encontrado !!! tienen que estar deliciosas, me las quedo

    Besitos

    ReplyDelete