10 December 2012

Chocolate Crackle Cookies


I would liked to begin this week with a Christmas recipe idea, but I really had not time after my days in Vienna. But last week, and just right after I've got my new books I decided to make these crackle cookies which they look quite like winter cookies and such as snowed delights which makes me think they are already a Christmas treat. Are very easy to make and they taste delicous, makes me remember the brownies taste.



So this is my recipe adapted for Martha Stewart's book.

INGREDIENTS makes about 40 cookies
225 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
135 g all-purpose flour
60 g cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
120 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
200 g light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
90 ml whole milk
Sugar glaze for rolling

Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl of simmering water stirring. Set aside and let it cool. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

Beat the butter and the sugar until pale and fluffly. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add melted chocolate. Add the dry ingredients alternating with the milk until just combined. Divide the dough into four equal pieces and wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate until firms, about 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 180º.

Roll each portion of the dough into balls of about 4 cm using your hands.* Roll them on sugar glaze and place them on the baking tray, making sure you leave enough space between each other since they grow in the oven.

Bake them about 14 minutes until have flattened and sugar splits.

Transfer from the oven to a wire rack to let cool completely.

If you can resist it beacause they are yummy when they are still warm! But you can keep them in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

To prevent sticking you can use granulated sugar. I did not used.


I am gonna start with Christmas recipes right now, after my mini trip to Vienna I'm even more motivated, Vienna has a lot of Christmas markets around the city, typical sweets, xmas ornamets and of course Glühwein and hot punch to prevent the cold.

Have a nice week 


1 comment:

  1. Hola! me quedo por tu blog, que maravilla, espero seguir tus recetas tan ricas. Besos

    ReplyDelete