03 December 2012

Honey Cupcakes


I love markets, even if I go there just to have a walk and have a look, specialy in winter time, though is not yet oficial winter, for me here has already begin since more than a month ago, specially today that was snowing this morning. So I have to be ready for colder days and that's the way few weeks ago a seller of a lovely stand convinced me to buy a honey jar in the biological market I use to go on fridays. I love the personal treatment of sellers and if they let you taste the products much better. 
Once I arrived home, and as is usual in me I decided to make cupcakes with it. As you can imagine the flavour of them is quite sweet, I did not add so much quantity on the frosting but instead I drizzle the top with some drops of honey.  



INGREDIENTS makes 12
110 g butter at room temperature
200 g white sugar
2 large eggs
200 g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
60 ml whole milk
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat the oven to 160º and prepare the baking.

Sift together the flour, baking powder and the salt, and set aside. Mix the milk, the honey and the vanilla and set aside.

Put the butter and the sugar in the mixing bowl and cream until light and fluffy. Add the eggs on at a time, beating after each addition. Add the sifted dry ingredients alterning with the milk.

Divide the mixtre between the cucpakes cases. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven, let them in the tin for 5 mintues and finally let them cool completely in a wire rack before decoratin.

For the decoration I used a buttercream frosting and I added a teaspoon of honey, just to give a taste touch.
Before serving top with a drizzle of honey.



I will need to start soon with the Christmas recipes! By the way on thursday I am going to Vienna until sunday, anyone can give me an interesting suggestion? 

Enjoy your week 


No comments:

Post a Comment