06 August 2013

Tomato, Goat Cheese and Rucola Tart


I'm back from my trip in Sweden and Denmark, is amazing how fast the days go when we are on holidays. I had such a nice time there, I will show you some pictures in a future post. In the meanwhile you can visit my instagram, is recently new, so I'm not in use to it, but there you will see some of the pictures of the trip and also some daily shoots I'm gonna try to upload on this new tool for me. But today I'm here with a healthy and wonderful recipe. This is a very good idea to serve some salad, pefect for a summer dinner with friends, it goes well to a risotto, a barbecue or any other side dish. I love to make this kind of dishes in summer, although the metod seems some tedious, the result is worth, and as always we can do the pastry in advance, even freeze the dough. I used fresh and common ingredients to decorate it, but the presentation alternatives is very large and we can combine as much ingredients and dressings we wish. 

INGREDIENTS makes a 23 cm round or a 35x13 cm tin
Curst:
250 g plain flour
125 g cold butter, cubed
2 egg yolks
a pinch of salt
Mix the butter and the flour in a food processor until to breadcrumbs. You can also use your hands, actually I did it. Add the egg yolks and the salt and mix until well combined. If it's necessary you can add some water to the mixture, in my case was not necessary. Shape the dough into a ball, and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate at least for 30 minutes.

Filling:
1 egg
80 ml whole milk
3 tablespoons greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
a pinch of salt
a pinch of fresh thyme
Rucola and some basil leaves
Tomatoes
Goat cheese
Pine nuts

Dressing:
3 teaspoons olive oil extra virgin
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
a pinch of sea salt
a pinch of thyme

On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough a cover a tin with removeable bottoms and press into the bottoms and sides and pierce the bottoms of the tin all over with a fork. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes. 
Preheat oven to 180ยบ. Cover the greased tart tin with baking paper and fill it with dried beans and bake for 12-15 minutes until edges get golden. Remove paper and weights and leave it out the oven while you do the filling.
Beat the egg, add the milk, the yogurt and the mustard until smooth add the salt and the thyme and fill the tart with the mixture and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let it cool complety.
For the dressing mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix all the ingredients for the topping in a separate bowl,  spread them over the tart and dress with the dressing.
This recipe is adapted of the savory greens tart of this blog.


What's about you guys, how is your summer going? are you on holidays? My intention is to upload a weekly recipe as always, but I still have some plans until september, so I will let you know. Enjoy your summer and  of course I don't want to forgot if you are in the other side of the world enjoy your winter as well.

Have a nice week 

No comments:

Post a Comment