08 October 2013

Peanut Butter Cookies


These cookies became my favorites ones. I love peanut butter, and since I discovered the penaut butter chips I'm crazy for them. This was the last package I bought on my trip to US, I know is not easy to get them in any store... But don't worry if you can't find out the chips, you can always add chocolate chips instead or even peanuts. I tried several recipes but defenitly this is the best one I found.


As you can see I added also some chocolate chips on some of them, and I assure you they taste also delicious.
Peanut Butter Cookies makes 28 cookies
285 g plain flour
3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
200 g peanut butter
115 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
275 g golden caster sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200 g peanut butter chips (or chocolate chips)

Preheat the oven to 180ยบ and line 2 trays with baking paper.
Sift the flour, bicarbonate, baking powder and salt and set aside. Cream the butter and the peanut butter in a large bowl until fluffy and pale. Add the sugar and beat until smooth. Add the egg, the milk and the vanilla and beat again. Add sifted ingredients gradually and finally the peanut butter chips. Using and ice cream scoop make balls and place them on the baking trays. You can also use your hands to make the balls. Gently flatten each ball of dough and now it's time to add some extra chips on top. Leave about 7 cm between cookies to allow for spread.  Bake for 10 minutes until they just begin to firm up. Remove from the oven, wait one minute before transfering on a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
Recipe adapted from the Primerose Bakery Book.

If you love these kind of cookies as much as I do you can have a look to these cookies, these or these.
Enjoy your week and see you here next tuesday with a new recipe 


No comments:

Post a Comment