03 December 2013

Snickerdoodles

I'm back from the my trip to Barcelona, I had such a nice time there and also quite busy days, but also time to relax, enjoy with the family and friends and of course time for cooking. Cookies I show you today I use to make them quite often since they are very easy to make and people use to like a lot. I assure you can't take only one. I love them specially for its texture, they taste like small cakes, are lightly crispy outside and inside soft and chewy. It will depend on your preference but I would recommend you not to bake them so long otherwise the cookie will get to crunchy. Actually you only need to roll them on the cinnamon sugar, but I rather to add some extra flavour in the dough as well. 
The origin of these cookies is a little bit confusing, some says it comes from Germany, others form the US area from New England, the certain thing for me is they taste lovely and is a good snack for Christmas seasson, I use to associate this spice to the holidays are coming. If you like this type of cookie you can have a look to these cookies, which are a kind of variation of them, and  are often referred as sugar cookies.
Snickerdoodles Cookies
Makes about 24 cookies
220g all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
a pinch of nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
200g sugar
110g unsalted butter at room temperature
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 170° and line a tray with baking paper

Sift the flour, the salt, the cinnamon, nutmeg and the baking powder, set aside. In a large bowl combine the sugar and the butter with an electric mixer, add the egg and the vanilla and mix until creamy. Add the sifted ingredients graduatlly and mix until combined.
Mix the cinnamon and the sugar in a bowl.
Shape the dough into a ball (like a nut size), roll them in the cinnamon sugar and place them on the tray, make sure you leave about 7 cm in between each other. Gently flatten the balls.
Bake them about 8-10 minutes, until they are light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let them on the tray for 2 minutes and  before transfering on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. 

By the way you can have a look already to the new magazine of the Sweet Magazine, which is the magazine I'm collaborating in. This month you will find a large recipes and ideas for Christmas. I will start as well with Christmas stuff, today I'm expecting to decorate my home, what's about you? do you like Chrismtas?

Have a nice week 


No comments:

Post a Comment