22 April 2014

Coconut Custard Pots


Hello!! how was your Easter week? Did you do something special? I stayed in the Netherlands, here was only yesterday Monday a day off, but anyway I enjoyed those 3 days off a lot. Weather was quite good and we had such a big meal on Sunday and we could enjoy the garden and make a barbacue. Yesterday was an other story, rain was back but this is Holland. The good news is I will be in Madrid next weekend, first of all to meet all my old friends and enjoy the big city but also taking advantage that it takes place Expotarta, we will meet there also with some of the collegues of the magazine which I'm collaborating with. I´m really looking forward to go! Next week I will let you know about my experience.
Today I wanted to share with you an other jar recipe, this time with coconut. I specially like the coconut flakes in this recipe, but if you rather like it smooth do not add them, just with the coconut milk will be tasty enough. 


Coconut Pots
Serves 6
200 ml whole milk
400 ml coconut milk
3 egg yolk large
90 g sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
50 g grated coconut

Whisk the egg yolks, the sugar and the cornstarch in a bowl until smooth. 
Put the coconut milk and the whole milk in a saucepan and cook until just before start boiling. 
Remove from the heat and pour the milk into the previous mixture bowl slowly and mixing at the same time.
Put everything back in the saucepan, add the grated coconut and cook over low heat whisking constantly until starts to thinken, remove remove from heat and pour the mixture in the moldes, let them cool completly and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
You can top before serving with some more grated coconut. 





You can check also this cookie custard pot here or the praline one.

Have a nice week  

No comments:

Post a Comment