02 September 2014

Blueberry Tartlets


Hello! How are you? Finally I'm back after long period, probably you think I was on vacation, but not, I wish I was but I really was not. I've just took some days off to visit my family but I really needed to enjoy the weekends and my free time after work, so the posts had to wait, but my kithchen didn't stop. This one never stops when I'm at home, so today I'm back with these tartlets I did several weeks ago. The part I really like the most of this recipe is the crust, the cornmeal gives an special texture and taste to this delight. You can top with any fruit you like the best, in my case I used blueberries. Recipe from the crust is adapted from Martha Stewart.


Blueberry Tartlets
Makes 5 8 cm pans
crust: 
125 g normal flour
70 g cornmeal
40 g white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
105 g cold unsalted butter
4 tablespoons grated coconut
1 large ecc yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste

Preheat the oven to 160ยบ. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with an electric hand mixer until it just begins to come together. Divide mixture into 5 pieces and press the dough into the bottoms and the sides of the pans, with a removable bottom, do not grease the pans. Blind bake crust for 10 minutes, remove paper and weights and continue baking until crusts are golden brown over, about 5 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.

filling: 
1 cup milk
1/2 tbs vanilla extract or vanilla bean
2 large egg yolks
50 g sugar
15 g cornstarch
fresh blueberrys for topping

Put the milk and vanilla in a saucepan until starts boiling. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
Whisk egg yolks until smooth and reserve.
Put sugar and cronstarch in a saucepan and add gradually the milk mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thikens and begins to bubble, about 5 minutes.
Whisking constantly, slowly pour one-third of milk mixture into egg yolks. Pour mixture into remaining milk in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil and is thick enough.
Cover with plastic wrap, pressing directly on surface. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 2 days. Before using whisk to soften slightly.

Fill tartlets shells with the cream and top with the fresh blueberries. 




If you love tartlets just like me check out these cherry ones, or with strawberries, or one of my favorites.

Have a nice week

No comments:

Post a Comment