16 September 2014

Chickpea Hamburger


I'm a big fan of Moroccan style food, I love the spices and herbs and today I want to share with you this tasty vaggie burger which makes me remember the hummus or the falafel taste. It is really very easy to make, you will need a can of chickpeas and you can add some other veggies, in my case I used carrot and some spices. I like to seve this dish with some iogur mixed with harissa, 


chickpea hamburger
400 g can or cooked chickpeas
1 large carrot grated
2 medium eggs
2 chopped spring onion
chopped coriander
cumin powder
sweet paprika powder
breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
oil

In a large bowl mash the chickpeas with a potato masher, you can use also use a foodprocessor but do not overmix, leave some big chunks.
Beat the eggs and mix into the chickpeas mixture. Add the rest of the ingredients and add some breadcrumbs for setting. Form the burgers and use some more breadcrumbs to both sides.
Cook the burgers over medium heat in a frying pan with some oil until golden-brown.
Serve with some bread, fresh sliced tomatoes and rucula. 





Have a nice week

No comments:

Post a Comment